Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rock the Kasbah: Ait Benhaddou Style

Kasbah. It's fun to say. Try it!

Although I made it to Ouarzazate & Ait Benhaddou before seeing either Lawrence of Arabia or Gladiator, I pretended that I was a huge fan of both films. It seemed like the appropriate American thing to do? To be quite honest, I still haven't seen "Lawrence of Arabia". It's on my list in between "Goonies" and "Pretty Woman". I'm clearly a movie buff.

Here are some quality kasbah snapshots for your viewing pleasure:

Ait Benhaddou
Ouarzazate Kasbah
Inside Kasbah
Looks like someone could use some more stairs.. hint.. self.

Another Kasbah View
Moroccan Molly
Moroccan Molly overseeing her village.

Kasbah Ait Benhaddou


The scene was just so surreal. As was the camel trek across the Sahara. Simply put, Morocco is a must-see destination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see that you enjoyed Morocco more than we did!

Lil' Boozie said...

Thanks for visiting, Daveb! I could have gone without some of the haggling myself, but we were with a guide (a native of Fez) who really helped to serve as a buffer in between us and some of the more aggressive Marrakech folks. All in all, it was a very unique experience that I'm glad to have gone through.