Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Galway Girl: Galway Revisited

To follow-up on Molly's post about Galway, I thought I'd leave you all with a song that has become very special to a particular group of friends of mine. Originally written and recorded by Steve Earle & Sharon Shannon in 2000, the song "Galway Girl" was made extremely popular in the Republic of Ireland in 2007 due to the success of the film "P.S. I Love You".

Go on, have a listen..



I'd also recommend listening to Mundy's version.

Personally, I'm always up for opening my ears to new Irish tunes.. so if you have one that really hits you, don't be shy.. send it along!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Ha - "P.s. I love you" is the cheesiest movie ever. I wish I hadn't seen it two times...do'h, I am loser!

Lil' Boozie said...

I've actually never seen it.. but to hear that song with visuals associated with it.. I may just have to order it!