Friday, October 3, 2008

NEST: A Unique Social Mission

In light of Maryam's trip to Rwanda, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you all to a non-profit group with a unique social mission that I've been involved with over the past few months: NEST.

NEST Logo
NEST is a non-profit organization that was created by Rebecca Kousky in 2006. NEST has invested its social mission in demonstrating a desire and dedication to changing the lives of women in developing countries. By providing micro-credit loans to be used for the purchase of the supplies and materials necessary to begin/maintain art or craft-based businesses, NEST's goal is to support female artists and artisans in the developing world by allowing them to create sustainable entrepreneurial businesses.

Please visit the NEST blog, Bangles & Clay, to support us in the "Startup Nation" competition. With branches all over the US and new divisions popping up constantly, we're eager to expand our cause and our team.

To find a branch closest to you and to learn more about our mission, contact NEST.

5 comments:

Soultravelers3 said...

Great cause! Thanks for letting me know about it!!

Anonymous said...

Great cause! Thanks for bringing this charity to my attention.

Lil' Boozie said...

Lindsie, Soultravelers3!

Glad you're interested in NEST. Of course, certainly feel free to spread the word about it - as I mentioned in the post, we're always looking for new members.

Best,
Suz

Unknown said...

I've not heard of NEST- thank you! I have read time and again how the most important piece of helping to educate and sustain a people is by educating and supporting the women. Readers might also be interested in Pathfinder International...works to help women with family planning. Really cool organization. Yeah boozie.

Lil' Boozie said...

You're welcome, Cath. I thought I had sent the information along to you - my apologies. Pathfinder International sounds like a great organization with a necessary mission. Thanks for opening my eyes to it!