Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama: A Symbol of Change & History

"O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA.." Chicago can carry a chant quite strongly. And in the end, it really wasn't even as close as many had projected it would be. Obama won nearly two-thirds of the electoral votes needed to become President-elect. Well, America - we can breathe again.

His delivery suggested confidence. His family represented change. And his words, actions, and body language clearly stated "Yes We Can".

I think I'll write a Haiku about Obama's victory speech. A little 5-7-5 never hurt anyone. I may be missing a few of the definitive elements, but you'll get the picture. I hope.

"Positive. Honest.
Historical. Powerful.
Thankful. Refreshing."

None of what I can say will justify what this momentous occasion means to our country, our country's history, and our country's future. Simply speaking, I think we should just relish in the anticipation of a new administration, cheers diplomacy, and support Barack Obama & Joe Biden with goodwill, solidarity, hope, help, and enthusiasm.

Job well done, my fellow Americans!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Politics, huh?

Lil' Boozie said...

It just felt right.. you know?