Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cape Cod & the Spirit of Mahi Gold

Growing up, my parents, sister, brother and myself would always spend at least one week every summer down the Cape. We were [and still are] fortunate enough to have grandparents that own 3 cottages within a quarter mile of each other in Dennisport. Steps from the beach, a short walk down Oak Street put us within view of what felt like our own, private ocean.

I remember the 1,000 feet of sand that connected two extensive jetties. I can clearly recall how I felt when I climbed up the semi-steep incline of rock that acted as a third wall surrounding our personal paradise. But most of all, when I picture this figurative peninsula, I remember the old, blue sailboat that had remained anchored just a few feet off of the eastern most jetty. Every summer, without fail, the symbolic dinghy would be lazily floating in the water, bouncing amidst the frequently choppy waves.

Summer spots tend to signify relaxation, renewed spirit, rejuvenation, and precious times with friends and family. Aside from myself, I know that this holds true for at least two other friends of mine. Becky & Mike Gorman were motivated to create a clothing line reflective of the summers they spent down the Cape in Chatham called Mahi Gold. While the inspiration came from Cape Cod summers, the clothing line embodies time spent in any memorable beach town. From the Cape to Nantucket to the Vineyard, the Jersey Shore, the Carolinas and beyond, Mahi Gold represents family, friends, beautiful weather, a beach nearby & a boat on the water.

Becky & Mike in Mahi Gold attire

Mahi Gold for men currently includes an offering of tees, sweatshirts, polos, and accessories. Conversely, Mahi Gold for women currently boasts a variety of tees and sundresses. The line is still expanding & new stores & events are being added gradually, so if you like what you see, then be sure to check the site regularly for updated inventory.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm heading to the Cape next week, as it happens, and will go check this place out.

Lil' Boozie said...

Thanks for visiting our site! I'm not sure if you got the chance to check out Mahi Gold's site, but the line is currently being featured in 2 physical retail locations in Chatham: The Shed & Ridgevale Beach Store. If you wanted to try to set up a more specific appointment with one of the founders, then visit their contact page.

Best,
Suz (a.k.a. Lil' Boozie)

Unknown said...

I have seen a Mahi Gold dress in person- it is a fabulous dress!

Unknown said...

LOVE, Mahi Gold, the cape (Hyannis, Bourne, Dennis, East Orleans, etc) and everything about summer up there. I miss it.

Lil' Boozie said...

Thanks for your comments, Bacon & Mer! Hopefully this will generate some help for Bexx & Michael :).

CONDA said...

Is this some kind of knock-off of vineyard vines? What does mahi have to do with the Cape anyways?

Anonymous said...

Is Mahi Gold a rip-off of vineyard vines? Doesn't vineyard vines already represent a "cape cod" summer lifestyle? What does Mahi and Gold have to do with the Cape? The Mahi fish can not be found anywhere near the Cape!

Lil' Boozie said...

Hi, Peter-

This is not at all a knock-off of Vineyard Vines. It was inspired by summers on the Cape. Mahi represents something that is special to the owners.

Thanks for your comment.. I'd encourage you to check out their website, so you can see for yourself!

-Suz

Anonymous said...

I was at the 4th of July parade in Chatham and saw the Mahi Gold dresses....absolutely great!!! Immediately went to Island Pursuit to get one. Then to my surprise, walked down the street and saw that they have matching girls dresses at the Children's Shop. Just had to get one for my daughter. Unbelieveable!!!

Lil' Boozie said...

Glad that you found Mahi Gold!

Anonymous said...

I just bought a mahi gold dress in Newport yestarday!! It is going to be one of my favorite dresses ever!!!!!!!! I think everyone needs one!!

Lil' Boozie said...

Glad you found & bought a Mahi Gold dress in Newport! Curious to hear if you've purchased more and how you're liking it?